More simple baking recipes for the soul! We love all things chocolatey...who doesn't? Go head and try our one bowl Cocoa brownies.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and HOT
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil, (Olive oil or Rice Bran Oil)
- 1 1/8 cup superfine sugar, (Golden caster sugar)*
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup organic cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional : chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (Gas Mark 4)
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray. Line with baking paper; set aside.
- Combine hot melted butter, oil and sugar together in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk well for about a minute. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until lighter in colour ( for another minute).
- Sift in plain flour, cacao powder and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do NOT over beat as doing so well affect the texture of your brownies).
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly. (Optional: Top with chocolate chunks or chocolate chips.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the centre of the brownies in the pan no longer jiggles and is just set to the touch (the brownies will keep baking in the hot pan out of the oven). If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out dirty for fudge-textured brownies. Yummmm.
For any questions regarding our store,
email us here : email@example.com